How do I go about finding resources to help me adopt out my cats.

jenraspa

I need to find a new home fast for my 2 cats (mother and daughter). How do I go about finding a good home. What how do I get the word out and where? I have called adoption agencies and they can't help. What should I look for in a prospective family?
Thank you!!
9037How

CatMom1994

Loving cats forever
I am glad you asked these questions here. You did a good job calling adoption agencies first.

People who work at veterinary hospitals sometimes foster animals, so if you really can't keep your cats any longer, call them for help. Ask if they have something in the waiting room to post that picture with your name and home phone number on it.

I am sure others will offer suggestions.

linda2147

you need to check out the people who are interested, some will give you a sob story to get the cats then sell them to labs, torture them or use them as snake food or bait to train fighting dogs. Take a copy of their license, get a picture of them and make them sign a contract stating they come back to you in the event they can't keep them. Do not advertise them as "free to good homes" twisted people search for these kinds of ads and pretend to be nice people when they are not. Check out their home where the cats will be, take nothing for granted, check everything out. If they must be rehomed you have to do your very best to make sure they are going to good homes. Once you rehome them follow through with a surprise visit to the home to make sure all is as they said. You can't be to careful, these innocent animals can't protect themselves its up to you to make sure they are safe

jenraspa

Original Poster
you need to check out the people who are interested, some will give you a sob story to get the cats then sell them to labs, torture them or use them as snake food or bait to train fighting dogs. Take a copy of their license, get a picture of them and make them sign a contract stating they come back to you in the event they can't keep them. Do not advertise them as "free to good homes" twisted people search for these kinds of ads and pretend to be nice people when they are not. Check out their home where the cats will be, take nothing for granted, check everything out. If they must be rehomed you have to do your very best to make sure they are going to good homes. Once you rehome them follow through with a surprise visit to the home to make sure all is as they said. You can't be to careful, these innocent animals can't protect themselves its up to you to make sure they are safe
That is scary

jenraspa

Original Poster
I am glad you asked these questions here. You did a good job calling adoption agencies first.

People who work at veterinary hospitals sometimes foster animals, so if you really can't keep your cats any longer, call them for help. Ask if they have something in the waiting room to post that picture with your name and home phone number on it.

I am sure others will offer suggestions.
Thank you