Thundershirt for Dog Anxiety

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Here's something new I came across for dog anxiety from things like fireworks, thunder, etc. I've never tried it, but it's available at local pet supply shops...

Quote:
http://www.thundershirt.com/

deemac80

Hmmm, I wonder how this would work or would be classed as another get rich quick scheme. I for one cannot see how a shirt would stop a dog from barking, whining, scratching, peeing, pooping, etc. I too though am someone who has a dog with severe separation anxiety and I wish I could find a way to keep her calm while I am away.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Original Poster
Funny reaction of a cat who's just been introduced to his Thundershirt. :D

petsforall11

ThunderShirt Dog Anxiety Shirt is designed to provide a calming effect when your dog experiences fear or general or separation anxiety. :)

mkhtk79

I always thougt it seemed like a scam, but apparently it gets great reviews. It's supposed to apply an even pressure around the entire body of the dog similar to a hug, which makes anxious dogs feel much more relaxed.

Alpha1

Pack Leader and Lover
Original Poster
I got the shirt for my dog but it didn't stop her anxiety or the way she reacts with it.
Thanks for letting us know! I know a couple of people who said it helped a bit, but all dogs are different.

We have fireworks blowing off all around this week, neighbors on all sides. My dog isn't as stressed as my old dog was, and I'm thankful for that. He is wary though, I've been walking out in the yard with him to go potty when the activity is intense, it's working out fine for us. ☮